Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wednesday, August 31st, 2016

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by my website.
It has been one busy crazy summer, and it is winding down. The leaves are starting to fall. It has been so dry with very little rain. The garden has produced numerous yellow and green beans, a few zucchini, and some tomatoes. My cucumbers were doing so well, vining and climbing the little fence and then, whoosh- they are fading fast. not sure what happened there as I did water them all the time, but maybe it is the time they are at their end. Haven't even seen any bugs on them.

It has been busy at WISH for me. Several women coming in and just so heart-wrenching what they are going through. I'm hoping they can escape from their violent and abusive relationships and get a better life, including of course the little children involved. What a shame it is so. Hopefully all the information and talks we have had will help them find a better way for themselves and get the better life they so deserve.

Hubby started back to teaching last week. I've been busy with CCAPL stuff and every day is something to take care of and deal with. But, it will be worth it in the end when we finally get our no-kill animal shelter built and running. Need a lot more money to keep going to get it finished, and we will just work hard to do so.

I went to a domestic violence shelter last week and talked to two girls there. Sad cases, but as of now they are safe in the shelter. Sure hope they stay that way.

I'm gearing up for the huge benefit dinner and silent auction in late Oct. Much to do to get sponsors, silent auction items, and sell dinner tickets! So hard to believe September is almost here! Whew-this summer flew by!

I'm trying to get my flower beds in order and started trimming back flowers and dead-heading the ones that have died off.

Lucy and Buddy are doing fine. They play every day and enjoy things from the garden. Especially the tomatoes, green/yellow beans, cucumbers (I share), and pieces of corn. They are so funny.

The 90 plus degrees almost every day for over 2 months, has been almost unbearable. Very hot and dry!  Had to add water to the pond several times. Now I need to get down in there and trim back plants, plus put sand under some of the walkway tiles to make it more level. Sometimes when I step on the walkway, I have to watch the sloping of the tiles don't throw me into the pond!

Gotta go for now. Thanks for stopping by and be safe, and learn all you can about domestic violence and abuse to save a life, even your own!

Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home