Sunday, February 26, 2006

February 26, 2006

Hello everyone,

So sorry I haven't done a blog in a while. I broke my little finger last Tuesday and have had it taped to the next finger for stability. Anyway, It is getting better, it just is a little sore.

My husband had parent-teacher conferences last Tuesday, and I let all the dogs loose to run and play for the evening exercise. When I proceeded to tie up Mandy, one of my husband's beagles, she started acting like a wild woman, and her chain was getting wrapped around my legs, so I reached down and grabbed the chain, then she was jumping around and the chain wrapped around my little finger and it jerked and pulled it. Ouch! I should have grabbed her instead, but alas, it was done and over with in a matter of seconds. (I almost had to take her to the vet to get my foot out of her....) Anyway, I had it x-rayed the next day here in town, and it is broken and chipped, just beyond the middle knuckle. Of course the doctor in at the emergency stat-care place suggested I see an ortho doctor, just in case I tore something in the finger. Soooo, I had to call my ortho doctor, again, and go up on Thursday. Believe me, I did not want to see HIM again, as I have seen him more this past year than my own family!

When he walked into the cast room, he sat down across from me, shook his head, and said, "I believe you are the most accident prone woman I have ever met!" Well, I told him, "I really did not want to come, but here I am. Now what?" He had the girl wrap my two fingers together, and said to leave it that way for three weeks. Bummer. Typing is a little difficult, but I am getting by. I have endured worse things. (Thank goodness for "delete" and "backspace!")

I have considered this, Should I start wearing bubble wrap? Hmmm.

The weather has been really nice this past week, although a little windy. This morning we have snow on the ground. The sun is shining brightly. Maybe hubby can plow and disk the garden by March 17th?

One year we were able to do that, and I planted two rows of peas. Well, then we got a major snowstorm, around twelve inches, and when the snow melted the peas were at least four inches high! I was amazed at that! As they grew, I had to put stakes in the ground, and use baler twine to lift the plants up. They grew so tall. I took a picture of my Mother standing near the rows, and they were almost as tall as her!

When my Mother came down one weekend, when the peas were ready to harvest, we picked peas for hours, then we shelled them all and I froze them. At that time we had big dogs, and they laid around and drooled over the prospect of getting the pea pods to munch on.

My next book, is complete, but is being proofed at this time. Hopefully within the next few weeks, after another person goes through it, it will be ready to send to the publisher. I am so excited!

I am also having the first book reviewed and proofed. I went through it twice, and cut out a lot of exclamation points, (my life then WAS an exclamation point), did restructing of sentences, and made some changes for more clarity. The author seminars I went to last summer were extremely helpful. I want to attend more this summer too. You know, critizism is a good thing. It keeps you focused and is very helpful.

Remember Kate, in the first book, wife #2? I got an email from her a couple weeks ago. I called her and we talked for over two hours! We plan on getting together at some time in the near future. What a conversation we had. Very interesting!

I made chili this past week, and yesterday I made split-pea with ham soup. Yum, Yum!
Today I am making lasagna. Father-in-law is coming down for his usual Sunday visit.

Oh, I did get a call from my family doctor. My liver levels are back to normal! Yeah!
Finally! What a blessing that is! Now the cholesterol thing is another matter to deal with.

Hey, hubby spotted a LIVE frog the other day in the pond. So far, 14 -dead, 1 - live!
With all the rain we have had, I can see clear to the bottom of the pond. I just love it. I am seriously thinking of digging out another pond over by the maple tree. Hubby said he would help.

I walked around outside the other day and saw some tulips and daffodils starting to poke through. Then, I saw some little crocus near the driveway in bloom. Yeah! Spring is on its' way folks!

Till next time, "Think Spring!"
Be blessed and count them all! You deserve the best there is!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home