Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Groundhog day!

Hello folks,

Well, it certainly has been an interesting turn of events for me lately.
I did have my hand surgery, five stitches in all, but I still do not have the results of the biopsy. I will get it this coming Monday when I go and have the stitches removed. Dr. L. told my husband while I was in recovery, he had no idea what the "mass/tumor" was. (One of the side effects of Lipitor is "hand lesions. Hmmm.)

We lost some more frogs in the pond. Total count is up to 14. I had no idea we had that many of them in there! I just hope little "Herman" is still surviving.

The weather has been just crazy. Sixty degrees, then eighteen, then rain, then snow, windy, and just plain strange.

Today is groundhog day. It is also my great-nephew's birthday. He is twelve years old today. He is really a sweet boy, and I love him so much. I will call him later today after he gets home from school. He loves scouts, baseball, mowing yards, and he keeps quite busy. He gets good grades, and likes school. He just recently got a new puppy! A little female Dauschund named, Taz. She is about 9 weeks old, black and tan. I bet they are really having fun together.

Years ago, when I was a little girl, my aunt and uncle lived with my grandparents for a long while. Aunt and Uncle had a large, silver and black, German Shepherd, named Taz (Tazenda). He/she (?) was a beautiful dog. He was tied to a large dog box out back in the yard under a gigantic tree. I used too crawl in the dog box and sit in it. My sister and I were talking about this the other day. She remembers me doing this.

When I had a dog grooming shop years ago, there was an apartment upstairs. Still is. The last renter that moved in on the 12th of Jan. called the other night. She was a little frantic because she told us she did not have any electricity. Hubby and I went up there and checked. Sure enough, there wasn't any power. I called the power company, and they said they sent a shut-off notice to her because the deposit wasn't paid. I was just a little upset about all of this as it is the "dead of winter" and I sure didn't want or need pipes to freeze! As it turned out, the electric company sent her shut off notice to the wrong address! Hopefully it will be restored today, and I can go up and flip the breaker on and get heat going again. Even though the renter has moved a lot of her stuff in, thank goodness she is not living there at present with her two little children. She has been doing a lot of painting of the rooms in the apartment.

I talked to a person yesterday that I had not spoken to in over thirty years. She emailed me and gave me her phone number. It was Kate, in the book. Very interesting conversation, which lasted about two hours. I will say this, she also suffered much violence and abuse from Bob. Somehow I knew this. She was wife number 2. Abusers have a distinct pattern. No one is exempt from it.

Oh, my liver levels are still high, but coming down. Hmmm. I'm off the Lipitor for good now. Dr. B. will probably put me on something else eventually, but wants me off any medication for cholesterol for four months. Hopefully this will give my liver a chance to repair itself. I have another blood test in February to check levels again.

We are supposed to get a lot of snow over the weekend. I love to watch it snow. It is so pretty and surene. I love the gentle quietness of falling snow. I'm sure while it is snowing and hubby and I have the dogs loose for their exercise, Clara, the lab, will have a good time fetching her ball in the snow. She has several to play with. Her yellow football, the hard red ball, and the green/white one with red boots all over it. Her Christmas ball. Then there is the white one, but it doesn't do well in the snow. It gets lost rather easily. She loves them all, though. Every evening it is an olypic marathon with her to see how many times she can fetch it, bring it back, to repeat the procedure over and over. I taught her to sit up a few months ago. She is getting really good at it. Come spring, I am going to try and teach her to roll over. That should be interesting!

Gotta go for now, folks, until next time,thanks so much for visiting!
Check out the new websites listed for self-esteem! Very helpful and informative!
Have a Blessed Day!
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home