Thursday, November 17, 2005

A cold crisp morning

Good morning folks,

I guess winter is here, finally. We have been so fortunate to have such mild weather up until now. I looked out the window first thing when I got up at 5 a.m. to see if it snowed. Didn't see any, but they are calling for flurries today and very cold temperatures. Brrr!

My father-in-law is doing good now. I am so glad for him.

My broken arm is pretty much healed. I just need to regain the strength in it. While I was scraping paper off a wall for two days now, I noticed I do not have quite the ability I used too. I'm sure it will get back to normal one of these days. I have been working in an apartment rental we have. Trying to get it re-painted and cleaned for the new tenants. It amazes me sometimes how some people live though. How hard is it to clean up a spill of something? How does grease get on a doorway that is at least 10 feet from the stove? Hmm.

Last weekend hubby and I went up to do some repairs. The guy that was in the downstairs apartment said he would shorten the bathroom and bedroom doors because the new carpet we had installed rubbed on them and they did not open well. Well we discovered he did none of them. So hubby took his circular saw last Saturday and we (as a team, of course), proceded to cut them down, one at a time. One shallow door did not have much left on the bottom to cut off, so hubby decided to grind it down a little using a grinder. I was holding the door for him. Well, folks, one thing you NEVER do is point, or stick your finger close to a grinder. As I was pointing to a spot, the grinder jumped up and "bit me" on the side of my finger. The blood did flow quite nicely! Ouch!

I suppose I should have had it stitched, but I just went and rinsed it off with cold water, then went to the neighbors for bandaids, and antiobiotic cream, pushed the flap of skin back into place, and wrapped it up. It finally quit thumping by Monday night after I soaked it in good old Epsom Salts. Because it is on the side of my left index finger, I can still type without any discomfort, but oh when I accidently bump it on something, ouch!

I think I am going to start wrapping my "older" body in bubble wrap. Maybe the left side first. Hmm.

I saw on T.V. last night that the thousands of people down in the south, living in hotels, only have 2 weeks left to find places to live. I can't imagine the fear and uncertainty they are facing. It has to be so hard. What are they going to do? Where are they going to go? It is all so tragic.

If "Kate" (wife # 2) ever visits my website, please email me. I would love to converse with you.

Today is my daughter's 36th birthday. (It's in the book.) I hope I find her.

Lots to do today. Gotta go. Thanks for visiting, folks! God Bless.

Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home