Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wednesday morning, March 1, 2006

Hello Everyone!

Thanks so much for visiting my website! Please tell others about it, so they can get valuable information about Domestic Violence and abuse, and the help they so desperately need.

My finger is doing better. Actually, I took off the wrapping last night and I have a little more dexterity in it this morning as I am typing with the wrapping off. I will rewrap it later this morning, BEFORE I attempt to feed the outside dogs, just in case.

The weather is going to be a little warmer today. I am looking forward to it. I looked out the sliding glass door this morning, and saw three deer in the field next door. They come later in the evening now to feed from the barrel of cracked corn.

It is so nice that the mornings are lighter, and the evenings are getting longer. I love it. Soon I will be removing dead stuff from flower beds and starting the spring clean-up.

I received a call from the nurse at my family doctor's office. She said my liver levels have returned to normal! Yeah! They also sent me a copy of the results. Hmm. Wonder why my endocrinologist never did this?

Yesterday I filled out an application to Dollar General for part-time work. I asked the manager, (whom I have known for quite a few years,)if they hired old people? She laughed, as she is just a few years younger than me, and she said they did. Anyway, I will take it in this morning when I make a run to town to get a few things at the grocery store.

I don't want to give up my W.I.S.H. job, because it is so important to me, and I do feel I help some of the women going through the agony of domestic violence and abuse in their lives, if they are open to the help.

It takes time, and each one is on a different journey. Many decisions they have to make, (and I understand completely the overwhelming emotional rollar coaster they are on), makes it difficult to sort through so many emotions they are dealing with to make good, rational, and better decisions to have a better life for themselves. So many have such low self-esteem, and self-worth. So many want to fix their situation, and it is a hard thing to accept they just cannot fix their abuser, but have to fix themselves in order to have a bette life. It is so hard. My heart goes out to them every day.

Today is a day that the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it! Today is also the first day of Lent. I think I am going to give up CHOCOLATE for Lent. Oh, how I love chocolate! Is that a "woman thing?"

Gotta go. Lots to do today. Have a great day everyone, and thanks so much for visiting! Keep in touch! I love your emails and love to hear from you!

Have a blessed day! And, be good to yourself! You deserve it!
Becky :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home