Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sun. morning, March 1, 2009

Hello Everyone,
Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. It is always an uplifting experience and grand feeling to hear from you too!

Hubby called me at home the other day. I had just gotten home from being in town. He locked his keys in his car. So I found the spare set, drove into the off-school parking lot and retrieved them from his car. Then I took them to his classroom, and handed them to him. He was slightly embarrassed. (Been there, done that too.) While I was there, he asked me to wait a minute. He picked up the phone and told me to wait because someone wanted to meet me. Well,shortly thereafter, a young gal was at the door. I went over and hubby introduced me. She read my first book (three times), and was thrilled to meet "the author". She told me she has given my book to other girls in school to read. She also told me she thought it was a terrific and an awesome book and she learned so much by reading it. Well, needless to say I was thrilled with this assessment of my book and meeting a young reader of it! Yeah! That was my main purpose for writing it! Education and awareness of a young girl going through violence, coercion, abuse, choices, and so much more. Ashley is a delightful and enthusiastic young lady. Hubby says she is one of his better students.

She told me she would like to go into Psychology or a related field and helping victims of violence and abuse. I told her that would be a good thing as there is a need for help speaking out for victims of abuse to understand what they are going through and they need a voice to speak up for them.

The rain we had recently sure helped the pond water level. It is up to normal now. Although the liner is still up in places. The ground is saturated and I don't look for the liner to go down anytime soon. I did manage to put another large rock on the liner and it took it down somewhat.

I'm looking forward to speaking at the Canton Public Library tomorrow. I have printed out bookmarks, folded information sheets on my books, and a variety of information sheets on D.V. and abuse, plus some uplifting pages as well for those attending. Anytime I can speak to a group to educate them is such a blessing to me!

The other day when it was warm, I heard some birds singing in the tall Poplar tree in the back yard. I looked up and it was two Bluebirds. Yeah! They are my favorite little bird. I did see a Robin the other day as well. Spring is just around the corner and I'll be so glad when it gets here. There is so much work to be done outside, and I'm anxious and getting antsy to start on the dead stuff around the pond and in my numerous flower beds. I will have to use my trusty wheelbarrow and have a major pick-up day (s)for all the debris everywhere.

I was able to procure a book signing at Roxy's Read in Amherst, Ohio in May. It is a quaint little book store and I'm looking forward to being there and meeting the owner, Debbie. Watch for it being posted here on the website for directions.

It is going to be a busy week this week with speaking engagements, meetings, work, and more so time to go for now.
Take care, be safe, and think spring!
My best to you,
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home