Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sun. morning, Feb. 1, 2009

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by!

It sure has been a cold, snowy, icy week here. Hubby had three days off of school, and more than likely, if the new storm rolls through on Monday night or Tuesday, he will have more. Goodness. Seems like the old-fashioned winters we had when I was a kid! My sister and I were talking the other day. We reminisced how we used to build snow caves in the side of the hills along the long lane where we lived. It was fun.

I sure feel sorry for the people in Kentucky! They have really had it rough. Many are still without power and hopefully soon they will get it back. I just hope and pray they don't get hit with the next storm coming through! They have had enough, already!

The heater in the pond is buried under ice. I poured hot water on it, but the ice is too thick to reveal it and for it to work. I checked and it is still plugged in, but maybe it isn't working at all. It is supposed to get up to 40 today, but I have my doubts. It was zero yesterday morning and while we were out with the dogs yesterday, it was only 18 degrees. The wind was so cold and it felt much colder!

I did remove a bunch of snow off the pond where I could reach with the snow shovel, hoping some of the ice would melt, but the sun wasn't out until yesterday and it was still so cold. The bushes, evergreen trees, and shrubs still have so much ice, and they are covered with the snow that followed. This has bent the branches down so far some are even touching the ground and many in the planters are bending over. I hope they recover.

I had a great W.I.S.H. group on Monday this past week. Most of the women are coming back this Monday and I spent three hours yesterday preparing some things for Monday's group. I may just have my web guy post some of it in a different category on this web site. Much of it is food for though for survivors and victims to think about.

I am really enthralled with Diane Lawless' book, "Women Escaping Violence" and I recommend it highly. A very in depth study and very well written.

I have to go to a meeting at 12:30 p.m. today for the CCAPL Directors. We had to cancel the Director's meeting this week because of the weather, and now with another snow storm coming on Tuesday, it will be down to the wire if we have a February regular meeting. (Our January regular meeting was canceled too because of the ice storm.) We are behind in getting things voted on, etc. so hence the meeting today.

So far the power has stayed on. It flickered a few times, but my concern is the ice is still out there, even on the power and phone lines. If the ice does not melt and more snow is coming, it will be quite interesting to see what happens.

Sure hope you have a good week.
Stay safe,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home