Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sun. morning, December 14, 2008

Hello Everyone,

I didn't get to the East Park Restaurant in Ravenna this past Thursday as there was ice in my area, and going north, I wasn't sure how the roads were going to be so my friend and author, Joyce Bishop Morris and I cancelled out on the meeting. Hopefully in January, we will go back there and possibly get some feedback from the books we sold when we were there in November.

Well the Christmas party we had last night was sure fun! Lots of great food and lots of laughter. Some of our friends we had not seen in months, and it was so good to share stories and all that has happened in our lives this past year. Some good, some bad, but that is part of life. I didn't get to bed last night until after 1 a.m. Way too late for me, but it was okay. Hubby and I had a great time. We are already planning on having a "Christmas in July" party next summer, so those who could not make it last night will have a chance (hopefully) next summer to attend.

This past week has been very cold. After I put on my winter gear for the outside elements, I can barely move, but at least I am warm while we are outside exercising the dogs.

Two small does have been grazing in the fields next door and also beyond our garden in our field. They are so pretty and hardly make an effort to leave when we are outside with the dogs. We have to watch carefully that Clara and Lucy, even Mandy, do not go after them and chase them to parts unknown! They listen pretty well, but we still have to be on our guard just in case.

Christmas is getting here so quickly. We will have lots of company, family from two different states are coming in on Christmas eve. Father-in-law brought a very large turkey so I certainly will be busing with preparations for the Christmas dinner!

I'm looking forward to being at the Waldenbooks at the Great Northern Mall, next Sunday. Wendy, the manager, had to change my date from Saturday to Sunday as corporate headquarters scheduled two children authors for Sat. and she had no say in the matter. Stuff happens I guess. Wendy is a great lady and an animal lover too!

I'm going to be a "ghost writer" for a lady from my area. She gave me her manuscript a good while back, but I haven't had a chance to start on it. I'm going to try my best to get it done over the winter for her. It is a really good story and I am honored she chose me to do it for her.

Gotta go for now. Have to get all the dishes done from last night and start printing out things to send to Wendy for next Sunday's book signing Sure hope you can stop by and visit!

Take care and be safe.
Blessings to you all,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home