Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday morning, November 23, 2008

Hi, Everyone,

Thanks for your emails and correspondence. It is so refreshing and uplifting to hear from so many of you. Always remember, I am here for you if you have to talk, vent, or discuss violence and abuse in your life. Past or present.

I was at the Borders Bookstore in Columbus yesterday. I talked with so many people and signed 5 books. Not bad. The best thing about the whole three hours I was there is, I was able to hand out literature on domestic violence and abuse. The more people know about it, the less they will become a victim. The drive was nice driving down too, no snow or rain! Although I am still in amazement how people drive on the Interstate. Very fast! I'm a slow-poke I guess. I cruise along at 71 mph if the speed limit is 65 mph.,(weather permitting). People pass me as though I am going 30. It amazes me.

I was at a local Dollar General store and they have a really great thing going on for kids this Christmas. You can purchase a variety of toys and they put them in large boxes to be distributed to families that are facing hard times (really a lot of them now), and give them to the children in local areas. This is a really great thing, so stop or check out your local Dollar General Store to see if they are doing it to. Some of the toys start at $1.00 and go up from there.

Discount Drug Marts in various areas are collecting money for "Coats for Kids." You can purchase a paper sign for $1.00, put your name on it and this goes towards this worthy cause.

I was at the Malvern Branch Library this past Tuesday night also. I had the privilege of meeting one of my readers. We talked for two hours. I gave her numerous hand-outs on domestic violence and abuse. This sweet young lady is trying to get over and beyond an abusive relationship. She has so many good qualities and I believe she will do okay. It will take time.

Today is laundry, cleaning, (does it never end!), and pre-preparations for Thursday's Thanksgiving day.

The new "Healthy Relationships" is up on the first page of my web site. Read it. It is very good and informative. Next thing I will be putting up is: "Letting Go." so watch for it too.

Thanks again readers for keeping in touch. Talk to you soon!
Stay safe, be blessed, and keep in touch.
Blessings,
Becky :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home