Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sun. morning, Sept. 28, 2008

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by this week!

Well, sad to say the Fostoria BookFest was a bust! I don't believe anyone sold any books because there were very few people attending but for maybe 10 or so. I left around 2:30 p.m, as did some of the other authors there. It was a 3-hour drive for me and I'm sure longer for others who were there from the Columbus area.

I felt bad for Bonnie and all her staff that put so much effort into the event, provided a good lunch for us, a T-shirt, and a gift bag for each author. They had everything arranged quite nicely in the huge hall. But, where were the people???

I email my friend and author, Ann Keller and she felt bad too for the time, gas, and effort put forth by over 50 authors that were there. But then she gave me some very disheartening news. Her publisher, TRIAD Publishing has skipped town with over 70 authors presently filing lawsuits against them for theft, breach of contract, etc.! How devastating and criminal. The police are looking for the head-honcho-publisher now! What a mess.

Unfortunately she will not be attending next Saturday at Oberlin College as she doesn't have any of her books and can't get them! Good grief. Why do people do these kind of things? Do they really think they can get away with it? Same thing with the disgusting CEO's of all the banks and other companies. These are supposed to be the "smart people??" that get paid megabucks to run things? Don't even get me started on it! Another mess.

I don't believe the American people will stand for a bail out of the magnitude that is being mentioned for it. It just cannot happen. If the banks fail, let them fail. This is not our fault and we should not be taxed or expected to pick up the tab for all of it. Enough is enough. Call or write your senators and voice your opinion!

I started watching the Presidential debate the other night. Fell asleep watching as neither party was answering the questions given to them. Gee. What else is new?

Lots to do today. Gotta get my house cleaned, laundry done, windows washed, etc. It is overcast and that is okay. I better time to wash windows!

Mandy, the old Beagle is missing. She took off for parts unknown Friday evening around 4:30 p.m. Hubby heard her baying across the road down in the valley. He went over there but by the time he got there, she was far up the other side. We called the neighbors, the dog warden, (she does have her current license on her collar), and hopefully she will return soon. She does this, and I was going to say to hubby, "It's about time Mandy takes off again on a hunt."...and then she did! Stinker! Bad dog!

Have a great week, folks, and sure hope I see some of you at Oberlin this coming Sat.! My other author friend, Debbie Alferio will be there too!

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home