Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sun. morning, August 20, 2008

Hi, Everyone,

Wow! I received the most incredible email from a gal that read my first book. How uplifting and encouraging were her words. Thanks, Janey! I will be meeting her again at the Oberlin College book signing coming up October 4th. She made me a "special bear" and wants to get my second book too. How awesome! I am so blessed.

Ya know, often times I wonder if my books inspire anyone. Her email confirms this, and it is so uplifting and enlightening it just makes my heart soar!

The garden is slowing down. We have not had much rain to speak of in weeks. The cherry tomatoes are coming along, as are the Roma's for father-in-law, but the regular ones are very small in size. Because we have our own well, I hardly ever water to save our water for our needs. When I clean out the filter for the pond, that gives me at least 4-5 gallon buckets of water and I do use it on the veggies in the garden, but that is only done once a week. The green beans have really stopped producing. The zucchini plants are dying off, (this is a blessing in a way as there was getting to be so many huge ones just in a few days!)that is okay with me.

Hubby's second corn, the Candy Corn, has been absolutely delicious, and we have eaten it every night almost. Soon it will be ready to blanch and freeze. Then the third corn is coming on, and hopefully it will be ready for company this next Saturday coming. If not, we will probably have to buy some! Bummer!

Hubby dug up a row of his potatoes yesterday. (I was at two fund-raisers for the CCAPL.) We will be digging up the other three rows today. The potatoes look really good. I'll use some of them this next Sat. for making potato salad.

Woodrow, one of the beagles, went down the potato row umpteen times yesterday checking for any left he could eat. He just loves potatoes as do the other dogs too. Clara swiped a tomato yesterday. Those crazy dogs just love the veggies. It is really funny to watch them try and sneak into the garden undetected, but that doesn't happen often! We keep a close watch on their activities. Some of the cucumbers turned yellow on the vine, so I gave them to the dogs. They just crunch away at them and seem to enjoy them too.

Next Saturday I will be in Strongsville and I am looking forward to it a lot. It will be my first time there. I am so appreciative of any book store that will give me a signing, as it is difficult for self-published authors these days to get into a lot of the well-known bookstore. There seems to be some trouble with Corporate Headquarters not allowing self-published author's (POD- Print on Demand) books in their stores. It really is a problem anymore and other author friends of mine are having the same difficulty. (My books meet the Corporate criteria, so what is the problem anyway?)

Another busy week coming up. Meetings, neighbor to the doctor, working on the business plan finances of 2007 for the CCAPL, and getting ready for the company next Saturday. I'm sure looking forward to that reunion! My brother hasn't seen our Uncle in many, many years.

Have a great week everyone. Enjoy the summer while it is still here. Be safe, and count your blessings, one-by-one.
Warmest regards to you all and thanks for stopping by.
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home