Saturday, June 21, 2008

Off to Waldenbooks today! Sat. June 21, 2008

Hi, Everyone,
Well, I woke up at 3:45 a.m. and that was it. Made the coffee, fed the cats, and here I am on the computer.

I guess I am really excited and anxious for my first Waldenbooks appearance. It will be an all-day event and hopefully I will be able to converse with many people. I'm taking along a lot of hand-out literature about domestic violence and abuse. Just about all the copies came from my workbook from ODVN and are totally reproducible. Very informative tools. Plus, I have a couple poems I wrote and hopefully will get to share them too.

I'm sure looking forward to meeting Wendy, the manager, and her staff. I have talked with her on several occasions and from speaking with her, her kind-hearted and wonderful spirit comes through. She cares for people.
There is also going to be a local police officer there. I'm looking forward to meeting him.

I mentioned to Wendy that October is "Domestic Violence Month" and she invited me back again on Saturday, October 18th, 2008. Absolutely awesome! Thanks Wendy!

I tried yesterday to make copies of more pictures for my website pertaining to the sequel, A BETTER DAY DAWNING, but for some reason, after running them through, they have lines across them. Not sure what is going on there, but will have to do some cleaning on the printer I guess. Very frustrating. I've been wanting to add more pictures for some time, but finding the time has been another matter!

I've really had a busy week with the CCAPL happenings. We signed a purchase agreement to buy 24 acres and have been working on getting a business loan to purchase the land. We have 45 days to get this accomplished and I hope and pray we get a business loan. We have a "backer" who is willing to sign the loan for us as a guarantor. One bank seems to have the best deal right now, but another bank is going to get back to me on Monday with their proposal as far as rates and guidlines for getting the business loan. What a major step to undertake. Whew! Exiting but scary!

Gotta go for now, folks. Thanks for stopping by. Be safe, have a wonderful day and maybe I'll see you at the signing today at Waldenbooks in N. Olmsted!

Take care, stay safe, and count your blessings.
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home