Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday morning, June 6, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I could put "GONE FISHING" on this blog and that could be the end of it, but I just wanted to give you a little update for the past week.

I have received emails from some contacts while I was at the Oberlin Bookstore. This is so cool. I just know in my heart when this happens, it is the Lord's awesome handy work!

The other day I was contacted by Josh at Oberlin College bookstore, and he has invited me back again in October. So I am certainly looking forward to being at the Oberlin (B&N) College Bookstore once again. I suggested two other authors to be there also. Debbie Alferio, and Ann B. Keller. We have totally different genres.

It was sweltering yesterday evening, along with high humidity. We turned on the AC last night as it was so humid, I was sitting in the chair while droplets of sweat ran down my face! It is supposed to be in the 90's for the next five days.

I have volunteered to do a fund-raiser for the CCAPL at the Carrollton Rib's Burn-off. Hubby and I will load the truck tonight, and set up everything in the morning around 8:30 a.m. at the fairgrounds. I'm staying until noon. Another member will be with me. I was able to borrow an umbrella/canopy tent from the local Tractor Supply for some shade.

The CCAPL informed members at the meeting Tuesday night of the "Restricted Endowment Gift" of $50,000.00 we are about to receive from the C.C. Humane Society for construction of an animal shelter. All present were absolutely elated at this news. Of course the major restriction is we have to completely build the animal shelter within fives years or the money goes back to them, plus interest.

We are presently researching land, and the two of the land committee people are going to "walk the property" tonight which seems to be the best choice so far. Yet, it is still possible we could get some land donated. Just don't know at this point.

Gotta get ready and get moving to GO FISHING!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Stay safe, be blessed, and have a great weekend. I'll probably be back here tomorrow or Sunday.

Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home