Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sun. morning, June 1, 2008

Good morning, everyone!
Wow-what a book-"Briggen" by Ann B. Keller-author/screenwriter. The first book in her trilogy.

For someone who does not read science fiction, I was really reeled into this book. I recommend it highly and give it a "five-star!" I'm looking forward to reading the next one. All the characters were so awesome and I especially loved the dragon, Ephereon.

I purchased this book at the Oberlin College bookstore, as Ms. Keller and her son, George, were there as well as three other authors. I purchased it for my Great Nephews as they are into the sci-fi reading world. When I started reading it, it just reeled me in, and each evening, I settled down to escape into the unknown sci-fi world. I was not only enthralled, but could not stop wanting to read what would happen next in each chapter. When I finished it, I was bummed out, because I wanted to read more! Great book.

This week was one of doing things outside around the house that became necessary. Some of the shrubbery, bushes, and the walkway out front, has gone beyond their capacity and needed trimmed and thinned out. That was my agenda for this past week and I did manage to get a lot done. I pulled and dug out at least 20 fire bushes from along the walkway. (Hubby and I planted 10 of them yesterday along the edge of the yard.)

The huge fire bush at the end of the house in the back still needs some work. Hopefully today, (the wind has died down),hubby will put up the ladder for me and I will tackle the fire bush from the roof to trim it down some as it is over the spouting. Then, I need to get into the pond and do some thinning of the pond plants. (At last the water temperature is a little warmer now.) Those plants are so prolific and just spread and spread and get so thick.

Three storms went through the evening before. I was awake most of the night with all the thunder,lightening and pouring rain. When hubby and I got up around 5:15 a.m., he started the coffee but it did not get finished...the power went off shortly thereafter. So, I lit numerous candles. Then as the coffee became colder, I heated water with my tea kettle out on the back porch with the small side of the gas grill. Worked perfectly. Ran the heated water through the coffee maker and, voila, more fresh brewed coffee! Hey, you have to improvise at times. Later on that morning, I got a kick out of hubby cooking his eggs in his cast iron skillet on the small side grill too. Whatever works!

The rain did make it easier to rotor-till my two rows of the garden. Before that, it was like cement. Some of the plants are looking somewhat better from surviving the very cool and rainy weather after I planted them. The pale-looking pepper plants are starting to look a little greener since the soaking rain as are the sweet potato plants. Only two green bean plants came up, so besides replanting them, I also replanted cucumber, zucchini, spinach, and radish seeds.

This week coming will be very busy too. The CCAPL meeting is Tuesday night and it will be a very important meeting with a "special announcement" for all attending. For those who cannot, the "special announcement" will be sent in the monthly newsletter.

My nephew has returned from China! Yeah! I spoke to him briefly the other day. He was very tired from his return trip. He was on a double-decker bus for twelve hours through the mountains over there before getting to the airport in China to leave for the U.S. Then the long plane ride to California, and then to Atlanta. My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew will be coming up soon for a visit. It will be grand to see him (it has been five years), and of course the rest of them too.

Hubby has two more days at school, then maybe we can get some fishing in before the weather turns really hot.

That's all for today folks. I got up before 3 a.m. One of those early mornings.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks, Ann, for your uplifting and encouraging comments! I have been blessed beyond measure by meeting you and George.

Stay safe, be blessed, and have a great week everyone!

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home