Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sun. morning, May 25, 2008-B&N signing Oberlin College, etc.

Good morning, everyone,
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments and emails!

It has been a very busy time, getting a lot done outside and inside, and also traveling, and doing more promoting for the CCAPL and also my books.

I sure hope you are in an area the sun is shining brightly for a change. It is here this morning and it is so beautiful. The birds are singing and it is warming up already. The other two mornings it was 38 degrees.Brrr! I have worn my winter coat all week and part of last week. Yesterday, as I left for Oberlin College, it was a little cool, but it sure turned out to be comfortably warm and a gorgeous day. While I was gone, hubby finally got his corn and potatoes in. I have to do my sweet potatoes later today and most likely replant the green beans, zucchini, and cucumbers.

I had the privilege, while at the Oberlin College (B&N) Bookstore, to meet the other authors scheduled for the afternoon. There was five of us total. A very interesting group with a variety of books to talk about and to promote. I did purchase two of them. One is a Sci-fi book and looks totally incredible to read for this non-sci-fi person. I bought it for our great-nephews who are really into it. The book is called, "Briggen" (the first in a trilogy) by Ann B. Keller. (She is also a screen writer-how cool is that? I am in awe! Wow!)

The other book I purchased I bought for my brother-in-law (the Gr. nephew's Dad). It is called,"Grounded In Love" by Nancy Roth (Rev.) with a foreword by David W. Orr. it is about Ecology, Faith, and Action.

In-between talking with people, (I was up and walking about handing out free bookmarks and telling/directing people to the "Author's tables"- while the customers were standing in line making purchases, and even caught a few coming in the store and on the way out.

Towards the end of the scheduled time for us to be there, one lady in particular caught my attention. She looked very sad, and was carrying a bag on her shoulder with a cute little Yorkie dog sitting in the bag! She came over and I introduced myself, told her what my books were about, and she picked the first one up. She said she would purchase it because she "new about abuse". I signed it, and then had our picture taken by "George" the on-the-spot-photographer. (He is the son of author, Ann Keller. A very nice young man and very helpful to me by taking pictures as people purchased books and also with the other authors.)

All-in-all it was a very productive day! A big thanks to "Josh" and his staff at the Oberlin College Bookstore (B&N), for having me there. Josh said I could come back in the fall at some time and he will be in touch with me to schedule another signing. Thanks, Josh!

Hubby and I are heading out to Wal-Mart this morning to purchase some groceries, household items, and stuff. Gotta save money somehow. The gas prices keep soaring and it is really going to be hard on many, many families and individuals.

I woke up at 3 a.m., refused to get up even at 4, or 5, or 6, and finally the cat, Tooter-Hooter came in and jumped on the bed. Okay, I slept in until almost 7 a.m. Of course I didn't unwind and get to sleep until almost midnight, thinking about the awesome day I had and even an email from the lady that bought my first book. She is a survivor and presently dealing with an abusive situation. Thank you God for sending her in the store!

Gotta go-stay safe,be blessed, and enjoy this beautiful sunny weather.
Happy Memorial Day everyone- pray for our troops and for those who gave their lives in many wars so we can have the freedom we have.

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Ann B. Keller said...

Becky,

Thank you for your kind words. Both George and I really enjoyed meeting and speaking with you at the Oberlin Bookstore! You have such an effervescent personality and are a real crusader. I applaud your efforts.

I hope that you enjoy my sci-fi/fantasy, BRIGGEN, and that you will continue to spread the good news, getting the word out to those who need to know that there are always other options and choices available. There is always a way out of an abusive situation. There is always hope and help; one has only to raise a hand and reach for it.

Ann B. Keller
Author of BRIGGEN, Trevor's Love and Vortex of Revelation

AND

George N.B. Keller
Author of The Galalian and Clause, Santa and Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home