Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wed. July 2nd, 2008 - The sun is shining!

Hi, Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by and visiting! I appreciate it so much.

I have been really busy with trying to get things done and organized. The CCAPL had a big meeting last night, and after it was all said and done, explained and gone over, the Board of Directors met after the meeting and voted to cancel the Purchase Agreement on the 24 acres we wanted to get. It is disappointing, but because ODOT said we can't put an entrance to the property off of their State Route for safety reason, but instead want us to put an entrance from a side road into the property, (very expensive), we voted not to go ahead with it. One of the contingencies in the P.A. was that approval had to be from the State Highway to put an entrance to the property off of the State Route. We tried. Another property will become available I'm sure. We sure learned a lot in this experience and at least have some concept of what we need to do, have things in order and ready for the next time. Learning lessons. We are all a little more knowledgeable now, and that will be a plus for us in the future.

We had over five inches of rain in our gauge from all of the many storms last week. Just Sunday alone produced at least seven storms. Good grief. I'm going to try and mow the yard today, even though it is still fairly wet. It's either that or hubby will have to get out the brush-hog and do it. We are fortunate we are not in the lower-lying areas as their ground is so saturated it is unreal.

I'm trying to get a book signing at Carnation Mall in Alliance, Ohio, and possibly one in Kentucky. I'll sure let you know when it happens.

Hubby's brother and his two boys are coming in from out west this week. We are looking forward to seeing all of them.

This Saturday I am going to a 91st birthday celebration for my only living Aunt. I will get to see cousins I haven't seen in many years, and also my brother and possibly my only living Uncle from Marietta and his sweet wife.

The following week, my sister, her husband, their daughter from Tenn., and their son will be coming up here for a visit. We haven't seen my nephew for almost five years. He has been living in China. It will be a great reunion and I'm looking forward to it immensely. Then on Saturday, I'm going to my other niece's house for a family get-together. Lots of pictures to take!

Lots to get done today, so I will post ASAP again soon.
I appreciate all of you so much, and thanks for the emails. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Stay safe, be blessed, and have a safe holiday- July 4th!
My best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home