Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sun. morning, June 22, 2008 - Waldenbooks event

Hi, Everyone,
Sure hope this morning is a good morning for each of you and your day is filled with blessings.
Yesterday at the Waldenbooks bookstore was quite an event. Lots of people to talk to and meet, and I had an incredible and uplifting day.

Wendy Brewer, the Waldenbooks store manager is one awesome lady! She and her very wonderful staff put together such an array of information about domestic violence and abuse, and information provided from a local shelter. The "featured author" display was great! I was so honored and humbled at the terrific job she and her staff put together for me. I was so blessed! (Pictures of the event will be posted on this website and the Authornation web site ASAP.)

Kenn (yep, that's how he spells it)-Martin-Shultz, from the Border's Outlet in another nearby location, and his son, Russell,(the photographer who took many pictures-very nice young man), was there all day too.

Around 1 p.m., Captain Kevin Whelan, of the N. Olmsted Police Department,and one of his officers, Officer Jim Carbone came in. Captain Whelan and I chatted for a little while and he had to leave, but Officer Jim stayed until 3 p.m. We had quite a discussion throughout the afternoon about domestic violence and abuse. Plus, this very caring young man, interacts with young people all the time. He does speaking engagements to children at schools (middle school to high school)in and around the area of N. Olmsted. What a caring, compassionate, young man. It was such a pleasure to meet him and talk with him. I wish him well in his endeavors to reach young people.

A photographer by the name of Larry Bennett came in and took my picture. He said it would be on his website, Fotops.com soon. Nice fellow, very talented, very knowledgeable, but also extremely busy. I was very blessed again to have this opportunity for a "Photo-op."

The Great Northern Mall is really huge. The morning traffic in the store was kind of slow, but later on in the afternoon, traffic in and out of the store improved. I was able to hand out many of my bookmarks, literature that I brought along, information that the store provided, sell some books, sign some books, and interact with different individuals regarding my books and what they were about.

In the afternoon, Jeff Gallantin, from the "WestLife News," (a local newspaper of N. Olmsted), came in and we sat down for an interview. How exciting! He asked a lot of questions. I gave a lot of answers, and I'm sure the article will be one that can help someone dealing with domestic violence and abuse know there is a life beyond all of it. I am a living testimony to that. I'm sure he will do an awesome job with the information he gleaned from me. A very kind and professional man. I was privileged to meet with him and was so thankful he came to the book signing.

I left around 4:15 p.m. and headed home. I tried to call hubby on my cell phone and did not get an answer. I figured he was outside with the dogs.(I'm not to swift in the cell-phone-category as I recently acquired it from my wonderful sister), and driving at 65-70 mph, handling a phone, is just not my expertise. So, I hung up, shut the phone off, and continued on my way. Well, hubby tried to call me back three times, and I had the phone shut off. Then he turned on the television and saw that a tornado was moving across Cleveland! Well, when I pulled in the driveway around 6:15 p.m., he came out of the house and looked rather pale. I asked him, "What's up?" He proceeded to to tell me he was worried sick as he couldn't reach me on the cell, and then saw the news about the tornado. He is such a sweetie for worrying about me. I told him I couldn't use the phone while driving along and just gave up. I'm pretty coordinated, but when it comes to cell phones-no go. I need to learn more, but not while driving. (The problem is, at home, I can't get a signal, so I will have to drive somewhere??, and work with it.)

A very successful day at Waldenbooks! Thanks everyone for all your graciousness and kindness. What a great store and staff.

I have been invited back again October 18, 2008 to do another day of signing and talking with people. Wendy and her staff are going to try and put together an all-day event outside the store in the mall as this will be the official "National Domestic Violence" month. I'm sure looking forward to that day!

Blessing to you all. Have a great week.
Until next time, be safe, and enjoy.
Thanks everyone!
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home