Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sun. morning, July 28, 2008

Hi, Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by this past week!

I had a really successful book signing at the Waldenbooks Bookstore in the Carnation Mall in Alliance, Ohio yesterday. The staff I met, Betty, Terri, and John were very pleasant and helpful. Very nice store. Thanks, John, for the link for doing a radio interview and thank you,Pat, for allowing me to be at your fine store. Sure hope I can get one. That would be awesome!

I was very please to be able to converse with quite a lot of people, and many were receptive and took the literature I had on domestic violence and abuse. Plus I was able to hand out a lot of bookmarks! Hopefully this will generate new awareness on domestic violence and abuse, and also generate more sales of my books.

Many thanks to all who purchased my books! May my books enlighten you, and may they also educate and open your eyes to the world of domestic violence and abuse and how so many victims get caught up in the emotional roller coaster dealing with it.

Hubby finally got the left side of the truck fixed. After being a contortionist and working so hard at it, he got it done. Now he has to do the other side but is more knowledgeable to do it. Maybe it won't be as difficult for him.

The dogs are still trying to raid the garden! We have to watch them constantly to keep them from digging up the potatoes, and swiping the green and some of the red tomatoes! Bad dogs!

The peaches are getting bigger and soon they will ripen. The dogs love those too, but there are plenty on the trees to share with them as they fall! The red apple tree is slowly developing its apples. Not sure when they will be ripe as this is the first year for them.

My girlfriend and her son came out to visit the other night. She wanted me to show her how to cut her new puppy's toenails. What a little hoot he was! Our dogs checked him out from head to tail and all the parts in between! He is a happy little puppy and wanted to play and play but it was hot and we certainly didn't want to get everyone overheated!

Clara, our Labrador, really wanted to rough-house with him, but I would not allow it. He was so little and I certainly didn't want him to get injured. (She adopted him out of a shelter.) He is a little strong-willed, but with more training (obedience classes would help tremendously as I suggested this), and also getting him neutered soon will definitely help!

My boss gave me a project to do for the office. I have been working diligently on a four-part series on domestic violence and abuse for the local newspapers. I finished the first article on Thursday and submitted it to different papers. I sure hope they run it in its entirety as there is a lot of valuable information for public awareness. The next article will cover children, teens, the elderly, and more statistics locally and nationwide. My resources are from our office and also the ODVN (Ohio Domestic Violence Network) in Columbus, Ohio.

Gotta go for now, folks.
Stay safe, be blessed, and have a great week!
Summer is winding down and it will soon be my birthday!
Take care,
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home