Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sun. morning, July 20, 2008

Hi, Everyone,

Whew! I'm tired this morning! It has been a busy two weeks of company and family reunions and get-togethers. All of it was rewarding and things are quieting down some.

Hubby and I are almost finished with replacing the deck out back. We just have some of the top boards to replace and then that is done. Meanwhile, I did get my new washing machine-and wow does it save on water and really spins the clothes well. That should certainly save on drying time, which will be another plus. I guess I didn't realize how much water the old machine (25 y.o.) used, and then having to re-spin a lot of the loads which took a lot of time and was really a hassle. But hey, at least I have one and a lot of people do not. I am blessed.

Hubby discovered after he returned from getting a load of lumber for the deck that the old truck was leaning on the left side. After crawling underneath, he discovered the bracket that holds the springs has broken and the other one is about to go too. So, fixing them will be a major project for him. Hmm. Not sure how he is going to go about it, but he is so smart, and he will figure something out.

The garden is flourishing, and all the tomato plants are getting really high. I have basket around them, and also have them staked and tied. Miss Clara-Bell got in trouble last night as she went and snitched two green tomatoes right off the vine. She did bring each one to me and knew she was in trouble. I will definitely have to watch her from now on to make sure she doesn't get anymore. They are starting to ripen, yet they are small in size. With all the rain we have had, you would think they would be the size of baseballs, but they are not. Father-in-law's Romas are very plentiful, but still not ripening, and very few cherry tomatoes either but the plants are very tall! With the warm nights, you would think there would be many ripening. I suppose they will all at once, then I will be frantically trying to blanch and freeze them,plus giving them away!

I was up at 2:30 a.m. this morning when I heard the rain start. I went and removed the cushions off of the glider on the back porch and brought them inside. Then around 4 a.m. another rain came through. B-Bob and Tooter (the cats) thought it was time to get fed and be up, but I fed them and crawled back into bed. I got up late this morning. Haven't slept in that late for I don't know how long. Hubby did too.

It has been in the 90's this week. Very, very sultry. Hubby's family reunion was yesterday. About 50 people were there. Some we had not seen in several years. Even thought the pavilion was hot, the food was delicious and the auction went well. We had a good visit with everyone.

Our local county fair is going on this past week, and I feel badly for the animals. Sure hope they release them after they show. They did do this one year when it was very hot. Today is the last day for the fair.

I'm looking forward to the book sales and signing at the Waldenbooks Bookstore in the Carnation Mall next Saturday!

It seems when my birthday rolls around in August, we are on the "down-side" of summer, and winter is around the corner!

Until next time: Stay safe, be blessed, and enjoy your summer while it lasts.

Becky :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home