Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sun. morning, September 21, 2008

Hi, Everyone,
Thought I would post this morning before getting the car loaded for the Octoberfest fund-raiser for the CCAPL in Malvern all day. Hope we do as well today as we did yesterday at the hot dog stand! Today we are selling cat/dog items, raffle tickets, and other things related to pets. Plus, of course, we always hand out literature on us and what we are trying to accomplish. Sure wish we could get some land so we could get started building the animal shelter.

We are still trying to find a generator. Hubby wants one that is around 8,000-something, to run the pump as well if the power goes out. Clean up is winding down, but some people as of today still don't have power. Sheesh. I can't imagine going without power for a week! Yet when I think of all those people in Texas that can't even return to their homes yet because of flooding and all the mess down there, we were fortunate. Ohio was the second state hit the worst by hurricane Ike. A lot of lesson in "being prepared" certainly have hit the priority list with a lot of folks.

Yesterday hubby and I took a trek down in our woods. I hadn't been down there in a long time. It was really serene. I found about 6 old bottles of different sorts and colors. We found a lot of trees knocked down, split down the middle, and some still leaning and hung up on other trees. Not sure if we can get those, but there are a bunch we can get for firewood this winter. That will be a team effort for us, and one we enjoy doing together, but is quite a lot of work using steel cables, and dragging them out of the woods. Hubby knows how to do all that.


I'm really looking forward to being at the Fostoria BookFest this coming weekend, Sat. Sept. 27 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. I'll probably have to leave around 7 am. to get there and set up. I will see other authors I know, so it will also be a great gab session too!

Sorry this is short, but I have to get the car loaded and get ready for today's fund-raiser. Tomorrow is another one after work, at Pondersa, then going to city council to ask permission at 7 p.m. to put up our bazaar signs on the square.

Have a great week. Enjoy the last day of summer, (boo-hoo), and stay safe.
Blessing to all, and thanks for stopping by and visiting.
If you have any suggestions or comments about my website, please send them to me.
Thanks!
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home