Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sat. morning, October 18, 2008 Lots to share

Hi, Everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted lately, but a lot of things have been happening these past two weeks. One sad note, our beloved B-Bob passed away last Sunday morning. He was 19years old and I know we gave him a good life, but it is still sad to lose a pet that you have had so long. His little heart finally gave out. Hubby was with him. I had said my good-bye before I left for the bazaar that morning. Hubby made him a pine box, lined it with carpet, and put in some of his favorite toys. We buried him on Monday night out next to Sissy in the wildflower garden. I put wild daisies on his grave.

Now all we have left is Tooter-Hooter. She has been my companion and bed partner this past week as I got pneumonia, bronchitis, laryngitis, (no voice for four days), and fluid in my right ear. Sheesh. I was in bed for four days, and this morning I feel somewhat normal, although I am still coughing (ribs and muscles hurt), but I am on the mend. I slept through the night last night for the first time since Sunday night. When I went to the Doctor on Tuesday, she put me on medicine right away. The fever I had was not real high, but lingered around for five days.

On a brighter note, the CCAPL bazaar was pretty successful. Although Saturday was good, Sunday was very slow. But, we did manage to raise close to $1800.00 for our land/shelter fund. The items left over that were donated by many people, much of it will stay at Garner's Auction Barn, and will be sold on consignment, so that we still get some more money. Some of the items we boxed up and took to "Browse and Buy" a second hand shop run by the local chapter of the Cancer Society. We are still trying to get land somewhere in our county for the animal shelter we want to build. There isn't any around here.

I had to cancel a lot this week I had planned. Especially the book signing at Walden Books in the Great Northern Mall for today! What a bummer. Wendy Brewer, the manager, emailed me and we are going to try and get another date, possibly in December. I have another signing next Saturday in Alliance, Ohio and I'm looking forward to it.

I received an email from someone who read my first book, and is reading the sequel now. She told me she could relate to a lot of what happened to me, and she is still trying to get a good life. She gave me her phone number. I emailed her and told her I would call her, as soon as I am able to talk for a while.

Hubby is going to the woods today to bring up wood he cut up last weekend. Then he will use the log splitter to do the big stuff. I doubt I can go out and help him as it is cold out there this morning and is going to stay cool today. I don't need to get sick all over again. Maybe I'll make some soup today. Hubby and I ate leftover chili I made for the bazaar for three days. Then I had to switch to Chicken Noodle!

That's about it for now folks. Lots of stuff to catch up on, especially computer work, emails, and home stuff.
Take care, be safe, and be blessed.
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home