Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday, October 5, 2008 - Oberlin College

Hi, Everyone, Thanks for stopping by.

Great day at Oberlin. Janey brought me a darling, soft and cuddly bear (hand-made)and she purchased my sequel. Thanks so much Janey. It was good to see you and Chloe again! Your smile is so radiant now, and you looked great and I am so glad you are doing so much better. I am so proud of you and your efforts to improve your life. You deserve the best! Keep on, keeping on, girl!

Traffic in and out of the store was light, but Author Debbie Alferio and I handed out many bookmarks and brochures on our books. We talked to various people and had some interesting conversations with some of the customers. Exposure at these signings is sometimes more rewarding than actually selling a lot of books in my opinion.

One particular gentleman I had the pleasure of speaking with, John, posed some very interesting and thought-provoking questions. We talked for a good while and he raised and posed some questions regarding abusive men and their accountability in this society for their abusive and violent actions. I believe he is compassionate and very educated in his fields of expertise. I enjoyed our conversation, and also with his friend, B.J. I gave them some literature and suggested they check out the ODVN website for further information.

It looks like frost hit this morning. Bummer. But, it is that time of the year and it was inevitable to come upon us. Today will be lots of activity putting things away for the winter months to come and also cleaning out the pond filter, adding some water (due to lack of rain), and also cleaning up the yard in different areas.

I will be going back to Oberlin in December, and Lynn, the Manager, is checking on a date for me to return. As soon as I know of it, I will post it on here. I am hoping other authors can come as well. The more the merrier!!

Stay safe, be blessed, and enjoy the rich colors and fragrances of fall that are on their way in beautiful Ohio.
Becky :)
P.S. The wayward Beagle is doing better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home