Saturday, October 04, 2008

Sat. morning, Oct. 4, 2008

Hi, Everyone, Thanks so much for stopping by!

Well, the missing Beagle has returned. She is not in very good shape. After running the wilds and the woods for 5 days, she is exhausted to say the least. She lost a lot of weight, has sores on her feet and numerous scratches that are already healing. We increased her food intake, and are giving her canned dog food along with her dry dog food. Who know what she ate during her escapade, and where she curled up each night to sleep. It was very cold the days she was missing. If she does not improve by Monday, I will take her to the vet and have her checked out.

A young man in a red pickup truck brought her back on Wednesday around 3:30 p.m. He said she was over at the neighbors about two miles from here. All the neighbors were alerted to her disappearance and also the dog warden. So now, when we let the dogs loose for their exercise, she is on a long rope for a while, and yesterday she spent the afternoon lying on the back porch in the sun. She stayed in her box all day on Thursday and didn't even want to come out except to eat and do her business.

I'm really looking forward to today at the Oberlin College bookstore. Gas prices are down somewhat and I'll get re-fueled on my way there. I'm taking a different route today, the more scenic one, instead of the fast-paced expressways!

I hope I get to see a gal that I met before my last time at Oberlin. She bought my first book. She emailed me and told me loved my first book, and how much it helped her. She is going to be there and is bringing me a bear she made for me. How sweet and humbling.

Of course I am looking forward to meeting new people, sharing the book signing with another author, Debbie Alferio, and passing out more literature on domestic violence and abuse. The more people can educate themselves about it all, the less likely they will become a victim too.

So, tomorrow I will give you and update on the book signing at Oberlin.

Stay safe, learn all you can about domestic violence and abuse, and pass it on to others.
Later, folks,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home