Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sun. morning, Nov. 2, 2008

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by. If a gal named, Vera, who left a comment about my books stops by again, would you please contact me through my web site?

Well, I do believe I am almost better, but still coughing, so is hubby. This morning my throat was sore again and I'm hoping it was just because I was outside all day helping hubby with wood cutting. What a gorgeous day it was and so warm! We went down to the woods around ten o'clock and cut up the big section of the cherry tree he left down there after dragging it across the creek a few weeks ago and left in to the open field. My, it was big and round. He used his big chain saw his Father got him for Christmas a couple years ago. Several pieces were rotted inside and when he split them open with the axe and wedge, there were numerous large black ants. Funny thing was, when he started cutting up the tree the top part was good, the bottom was good, but the ants had settled in the middle of the tree. It had been down for a couple years or more, I tried to count the rings, and came up with about 65, but I believe it was older than that. It was hard to detect some of the rings because of the chain saw cutting through it.

After we got the pieces split apart to load onto the trailer,(well, hubby did them all but one. I did a small one),we brought them up to the woodshed, then hubby started splitting them on the log splitter. What a time-saver that thing is! He splits, I load pieces into the wheelbarrow, and stack in the woodshed. What a team!

We ordered Pizza last night and had it delivered. Very good pizza from TRAX, a local restaurant.

While I was working outside, the wonderful smells of Autumn permeated the air with a vast array of distinguishing odors. Then, I was blessed with having a dragonfly land on my wheelbarrow! Later on I saw him flying around the pond. I was really amazed at this because I had not seen one all summer and it was very late in the season to see one. He was tiny and had a little bit of bright orange on his little body. I'll have to look him up in my insect book, to see which one he/she was.

Tooter, the last cat in the household, seems lost. She cries now and then and is not eating well. I believe she is still missing her buddy, B-Bob. Hubby said we should get another kitten, but I don't know about that. We'll see.

So the time change started this morning. Well, that means it will be dark around 6 p.m. and then later on around 5 p.m. I don't like the time change. 'll probably be in bed at night now around 7:30 p.m.! This morning I woke up at 1 a.m. and read until 3:45 p.m.

I did manage to clear the walkway out front the other day of all the flowers that are past their blooming time. I have let a lot of the flowers stay that are still hanging on in other flower beds as when it gets warm, the bees are still hunting nectar, and some of the birds feed on the seeds. I cleaned all around the pond and cut away the majority of pond plants that were going to die off anyway. Yesterday I counted six frogs jumping in the water when I approached the pond. They are such interesting creatures. I even fed the fish yesterday as the pond temperature rose above 50 degrees, and they came to the surface to feed.

I have a busy week ahead with work on Monday, a CCAPL meeting on Tuesday, meeting a girlfriend for lunch before she heads back to Florida, visiting my Aunt, and trying to get things organized once again in my office area. Things do accumulate fast and have to be filed and organized.

My work at the office has been cut back due to a cut-back on grant funding. One of the girls that works there, was cut way back on her hours. Sad. It is such a helpful office to those in need, and it is a shame that such an important and helpful office has to cut back at the expense of those who need it desperately.

Gotta go for now. Sure hope you all have a great week, enjoy the great weather, and stay safe. I'm looking forward to all my book signings coming up in November.

Thanks for stopping by!
Warmest regards,
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
I just wanted to share with you that I have just read your book "Door of Facade" I am just starting the second book now.
I heard about your book through a woman I know who is called "Kate" in your first book.I work with her, and she was talking about the book one day, and I decided to read it.
Unfortunately, I live in a similar situation with my current boyfriend, as you did with "Bob".My situation is not as extreme as yours was, but I just wanted you to know that your book has brought me an awareness, that I did not see before I read it.
I did not think my relationship was horrible, just that he was moody, and had been through a lot in his life.I may even have been making excuses for him-without knowing.
Now I will look at things much differently.
I too have 2 Dobermans, and share your love for animals.I breed persian exotic cats, so if you decide you do want a kitty, you could let me know, and I would be happy to give you one of ours!
Thank you so much for the insight you have given me,I will definately look at things in a different light from here on out.
Sincerly,
Denise

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Becky Conrad said...

Hi, Denise,
Thank you so much for your comments.

Glad "Kate" gave you my first book and by reading it, you are more educated than before, and that the book has also opened your eyes to so much that abusive relationships entail.

Yes, we do have a tendency to "fix" things, but some things are beyond our fixing. Read my blog posted on Nov. 14, 2008.

Please keep in touch. I am here for you. Stay safe.
Blessings,
Becky Conrad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home