Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday evening, December 21, 2008

Hi, Everyone,
BRRRR! Is it ever cold and windy and howling! Right now it is around 10 above, but the windchill is at least 10-20 below zero. Nasty!

I had a great day at Waldenbooks Bookstore in N.Olmsted at the huge Great Northern Mall. I met so many wonderful people and I signed four of my first book and six of the sequel. A young gal, Becky, bought the first one. I am so blessed. So, if anyone wants a copy of either book, signed, they are at the bookstore. Wendy, the Manager, said I can return in the spring. I look forward to this. Great store and the employees are awesome, as is Wendy!

I also had the pleasure of sharing a conversation with Laurie. She made a special trip from Brecksville to visit with me. I was so honored for her to do this. We walked down to the Starbucks down in the mall and had some great coffee. (I had met Laurie earlier this summer when I was at the bookstore).What a great gal. So sweet.

Driving to and fro was a little tricky as the wind was so strong. Although there were those who drove as if it was a calm and sunny day.

The Christmas party went well at our house last Saturday. Lots of laughter and sharing stories with our friends. The Christmas party on Friday at work was good too. I took little sausages in Bar-B-Q sauce. Lots and lots of delicious food! Ate way to much! But, it is the time of year for it, so whatever!

Company is coming in from Missouri and Nebraska and Iowa for Christmas. Hubby's brother and his two boys, and another brother and his wife. We are looking forward to Christmas day with family. His Dad will be here also and will be bringing the company with him. I started thawing out the big turkey today in the frig. When I get home tomorrow from work, I'll take it out a for a while and put it in cold water. It will probably take until Christmas to get it thawed. It's a big one.

Hubby is off now until the first of the year. He will read and rest. He needs to. He works hard.

Gotta go for now. I'm tired. Woke up at 3:30 a.m. almost every day this week. I think it's catching up to me. Gotta get these old bones to bed soon for another week of preparations, cleaning, organizing, and CCAPL grant work to get done soon.

Take care, and thanks to all stopped to talk with me and bought books!
Talk to you later in the week, folks. Stay safe, stay warm, and remember, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season!"

Blessings,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home