Thursday, September 03, 2009

Thursday morning, September 3, 2009

Hello Everyone,
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I have not had the opportunity to do many book signings this summer. Waldenbooks, Borders, and other places I've been before have discontinued book signings by authors, due to the economy?? For whatever reasons, I'm dealing with it. Unless, I guess, you are Stephen King, or some other super-well-known author. I have focused my energy on doing things for the CCAPL instead.

The CCAPL has made considerable progress. We have purchased land and are now waiting for the engineering company we hired to finish the four site plans details, and then we choose two plans to send to the EPA and ODOT. We are trying to raise the money to build an animal shelter in our County. There is none.

Although my book sales have been down as of late, it is the way it is. I accept that but know that when some sell, they are in the hands of those who need to read them.

The garden is winding down, although we have had the wonderful Candy Corn this past week. It is so good! I've finally been able to freeze some green beans, and will do some tomatoes later this week. The cucumber plants have pretty much dried up. Some green peppers plants are still producing and the turnips are the size of baseballs. Gotta pick them and freeze them too!

The dogs are enjoying the cherry tomatoes and eat several each night as do I.They still try to raid the potato patch and steal ears of corn! Bad dogs! They love their vegetables!

Fall is fast approaching, and soon the snow will be flying! Bummer. Love Ohio seasons, but winter and cold isn't my best choice except to look at it from inside the warmth of our home!

Tigger the cat is doing well now. I believe she is back to normal. Woodrow, hubby's buddy-Beagle, went into the vet yesterday for a teeth cleaning. They did a good job.

Just wanted to touch base with all of you and I appreciate your visits to my website. Tell others, and remember, if you buy a book through my website (use PayPal), I sign and ship the books for free within the U.S.

Take care, everyone. Enjoy the fall season coming and the beauty of it all.

My best,
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home