Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday morning, July 10, 2009

Hi, Everyone,
I've been extremely busy these last two weeks so therefore I have not been able to do a blog. Thanks for visiting! Tell others about my website so they can gain valuable information in becoming survivors!

The CCAPL now has land! We signed all the documents on Wednesday July 1st, and it is now officially ours. How exciting but scary! Next steps is to get approval of a sewer system by the EPA, and a driveway entrance by ODOT. Well drilling will be a must too. We are remaining patient. The engineering company we hired to do all the grunt work (and pretty much all the detail work) is being very reasonable to us. I've contacted a grant writer who helped us before, and she is willing to help us again for construction, etc. grants. I sent one out yesterday.

The summer is flying by. The garden is growing well but could use a little rain. I think we are supposed to get some tomorrow night. Hubby will be glad as his corn and potatoes are coming along nicely. Actually, one of the dogs came out of the garden with a small potato the other day. Hmm. Couldn't find where they dug it, but we will have to be extra diligent in watching them now that the potatoes are forming!

Hubby has a new buddy-"Wilbur" the Chipmunk. "Wilbur" (or Wilma), races across the yard to the corncob in the tree out back and fills his little cheeks with kernels. Then races somewhere and buries them. Well, we have found different areas where he buries them as the kernels begin to sprout. That is going to be one lean Chipmunk this winter if all his "catches" sprout where he buried them! He has even buried some in my flower pots!

The nights have been cool, and great for sleeping. We haven't had the air-conditioner on hardly at all. Part of one week recently was very cold. I had on a shirt, flannel shirt, and even dug out my winter hat! Sheesh!

The next three days I'm working a hot dog and bake sale for the CCAPL at a local grocery store. The morning-afternoon shifts. Sure hope we do well. Now that we are committed to a loan payment each month for the land, our fund-raising efforts are even more vital to us.

I gotta go for now. I have to get things ready to take for the hot dog/bake sale.

Have a great weekend and I'll be back soon, I promise!
Enjoy often, be blessed and stay safe!
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home