Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday morning, May 10, 2009

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks so much for stopping by this past week! Hope you can get some valuable information from my website to use or pass on to others and help them learn and escape the violence and abuse in their lives.

Yesterday was a great day at Roxy's Read and Remnants. I met Debbie Born, the owner, who is a great lady and her bookstore is so cool and quaint. Lots of rooms with such a variety of things to browse through and purchase. I bought two of the cutest bird houses on posts, some scented candles, a cool-looking welcome sign with a cat face, and a book by another author. She has a great store. Stop by and visit when you can.

I flagged down an Amherst Police Officer and donated my first book to him. I asked him to give it to the local domestic violence shelter. He said he would. Very nice fellow.

I sold some books, met some great people, Boneta, Diane, Cindi, (she purchased the second book-thank you!), and will be posting some pictures of Debbie and me, and also Marilyn who purchased both books on my website soon. Sorry I didn't get a picture of Cindi and me. Maybe she'll come to Oberlin College Bookstore and we can get one then. Maybe she'll get the first book then too!

A Red-headed Woodpecker has been coming to the corn on the tree since last Sunday. Father-in-law spotted it while we were eating dinner last Sunday. He is so beautiful and such a joy and blessing to watch. He/she? must have a nest across the road in the trees somewhere as he grabs a kernel of corn, and flies over the house towards the neighbor's woods. They are just beautiful to look at.

My author friend, Joyce Bishop Morris and I are looking forward to being at Susie K's Cafe & Tea Restaurant this coming Wednesday, May 14th., in Ravenna.

I received an email from Kira at the Oberlin College Bookstore the other day, inviting me back on Friday, May 22, for a book sales & signing. I was thrilled they invited me back and look forward to it immensely.

We have had so much rain and wind. When the garden dries out, I'll get the onions in plus other stuff or course!

Gotta go for now. Stay safe, and be blessed. It will get warmer before we know it!

Take care,
My best to you.
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home