Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sun. morning, March 22, 2009

Hello, everyone,

I sure had a great time yesterday at Border's in Medina, Ohio. Debby Carlson and her staff are very caring individuals. My book sales went well and I talked with so many people. I did hand out some literature and gave away many bookmarks. I sure am grateful for the opportunity to be there. I'm going back in August of this year. Debby is going to put the remaining three of my books in the "Autobiography Section" in the bookshelves to the right as you enter the store. Cool!

I did a really dumb thing last night. (Seems to happen more as I age). Burned my right index finger in the fireplace last night. I had thrown a log onto the fire but it was sticking out in front so I reached to pick it up to put it farther back in the grate and my finger touched/seared on the 1000+ degree grate! What an owie! It throbbed and thumped for a couple hours. I immersed it in cold water for quite a while, and as soon as I would take it out of the water it would burn like crazy! Hubby suggested putting Bag Balm on it and wrapping it with soft bandage material and tape. I did this and it calmed down right away. Whew. I sat and watched T.V. after supper with my hand in the air. That seemed to help too. It is much better this morning and I'm able to type at least. The blister is enormous and I'm fortunate I didn't do more damage. Lesson learned.

I've got a really busy week coming up. Work on Monday, two meetings on Tuesday, Wednesday I'm meeting a friend for lunch as we haven't had a chance to get together for ages, more outside work to get done, Thursday is a speaking engagement at one of the schools for the CCAPL, then Friday getting things ready for a membership drive at Dollar General Market in town for the CCAPL. Plus the usual home stuff to take care of and websites and more.

Sure hope you all are enjoying this better weather. Although it has been cool the last couple days, it is grand to hear the many birds singing their glorious songs and we can hear the Peepers across the road in the neighbor's pond. The frogs in our pond are all doing well as are the fish. I've been feeding the fish twice daily now. Some of the pond plants are starting to form, especially the Spadderdock in the center. I did a lot of yard and flower bed cleaning for about three days and had to take a break. My back told me this!

Gotta go for now.
Sure hope you have a great week and thanks so much for stopping by and for your emails and uplifting comments.
Take care, be blessed, and stay safe.
My best,
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home