Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sun. morning, March 15, 2009

Greetings, everyone,
Thanks for stopping by this week and good to hear from you as always!

The weather is starting to break and spring is on the way! Yippee! I worked all day yesterday outside cleaning flower beds, raking leaves, dead-heading flowers until my back said "Enough!" I will resume today cleaning up more flower beds. I never gave it a thought, years ago when I put all the flower beds together, how tiring it is. Now that I'm older I realize my older body can still do it, but it takes so much longer. (I have to be so careful not to stress my two herniated discs in my lower back. I have to rest more often.) Yet, the end result is worth it as the new shoots of flowers I planted start there journey upward to produce the hundreds of so many varieties that last all season long. It is worth it.

I was invited to join a new author's group on the Internet. www.bookmasons.ning.com. They have one section on domestic violence and abuse. It is in my plan to post my expertise and wisdom in this subject to educate the public or anyone visiting on the many areas of domestic violence and abuse. The more we learn, the less likely we are to become a victim. (The link is on my home page.)

Tigger-Digger is really becoming a great kitty! When we open the door to the basement, she flies down the steps and makes herself at home. She spends some time exploring, playing with her toys, then she settles down on my lap in front of the fire and takes a nap. Playing and exploring can be so tiring!

Some of the pond plants are starting to surface and I am feeding the fish once again. As soon as the water gets a little warmer, I'll venture down into the pond and do some cleaning that I cannot reach from the edges. The water is still very cool, so it will probably be around May I'll make it down there, unless I buy a pair of wader pants.

Hubby and I brought out the picnic table yesterday from the garage for in the back yard. A very definite sign of spring! I've also started cooking on the gas grill on the back porch. We sure love grilling! Yesterday we went into a local appliance store to purchase a new microwave. Our old one finally gave out (18 y.o.), and I also purchased a new grill tray and a grill brush.

It is going to be a busy week for me with meetings to prepare for next week. Plus,I have to get things ready to take with me as I'm going to be at the Medina, Ohio Border's Bookstore on Saturday, March 21st. Hope to see you there! I would love to meet and share with you.

Take care, be safe, and have a blessed week!
Until next time,
My best to you!
Becky :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home