Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sun. morning, May 3, 2009 Meeting people

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by this past week. Lots of things happening and developing this past week. I was really busy with work, CCAPL stuff, mowing, getting ready for the Arts and Craft show, etc.

On Saturday, I made it to the craft show around 8 a.m., was set up by 8:45 a.m. and then received a call on my cell from my author-friend. She was two and a half hours away. Her GPS system sent her to Wilmont Ohio! Oh my. Then, as she was talking, she was waiting for the officer to give her the speeding ticket! Goodness! So, she didn't make it to the craft show until close to eleven a.m.! I felt so badly for her.

I met so many wonderful and interesting people. I shared things on domestic violence and abuse, handed out literature, gave away bookmarks, and sold books too! A great day all around. Plus, I may have even acquired a speaking engagement to the "Ladies Red Hat Society" in the area, plus a contact name to donate my books to the local library.

Some of the women I talked with were still dealing with domestic violence and abuse in their lives, past and present. It is so sad they are still reeling from the effects. I hope my talking to them and giving them encouragement and literature will help them somehow move beyond the pain and grief they are still experiencing. Plus, those who purchased my books, will be given an eye-opener for them too and with reading the books will help them in the healing process. Knowing they are not alone, can also raise their hopes for a better life.

This week will be busy with work, meetings, and an interview for a radio station, plus trying to get the lawn mowed. It has rained so much and the grass is so high!

Last Monday, while hubby and I were out back with the dogs, Clara, our Labrador, perked up and looked towards the neighbor's field. Well, I was shocked to see the biggest Coyote I've ever seen streaking through the field! Clara took off after it, I took off after Clara, screaming at her, Lucy took off after the two of us, and Mandy, the old Beagle, who is very arthritic, and can't run that well, took off after all of us. Hubby is screaming at Mandy, (Woodrow stayed with hubby-good dog), and when Clara reached the neighbor's woods, she stopped. Lucy and Clara were running around in the neighbor's field trying to get the scent of the Coyote, and I was trying to get my breath from running so hard. Didn't know I could still run that fast at my age. I was so scared the Coyote would turn and fight with Clara or even worse, Lucy. Clara is a big dog, but no match for the super-athletic-Coyote! Finally hubby and I got them back into our yard. I was exhausted and shaking! It took me awhile to calm down. Clara and Lucy were still wound up and wanted to go back after it. The Coyotes more than likely have been feeding on the deer carcass that father-in-law found down in the woods last Sunday. No wonder it was stripped clean down to the bones and hair.

The hummingbirds are back, but still haven't heard the Wrens as of yet. Hmm. They are late in coming. Maybe the cool rainy weather has held them back from making their appearance.

Outside the library window, in the Rhododendron, is a bird's nest with two beautiful blue eggs. I believe it is a Robin's nest. Haven't seen the mother bird sitting on it out the window yet, but hopefully I can get a picture of her feeding them when it is time.

Gotta go for now. Stay safe, and I'm looking forward to being at Roxy's Read & Remnants bookstore in Amherst Ohio next Saturday, May 9th.

Take care, email me if you get a chance, and thanks again for stopping by.
My Best To You,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home