Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sun. morning, May 17th, 2009

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by this past week.

My author friend, Joyce Bishop Morris and I had our book sales & signing at Susie K's Cafe & Tea Room on Thursday. Although I did not sell any books that day, (not many customers), I did manage to talk with some people, hand out bookmarks and fliers on my books. Sometimes this happens and there is no way of telling how things will go. That is okay. Next time will be another adventure and I'm looking forward to being back at Oberlin College Bookstore on May 22nd.

Today is our anniversary! Hard to believe it has been so many years. I am so blessed to be married to a fine, gentle and caring man. He is my rock and my friend!

Tuesday, the neighbor's dogs came over and attacked two of our dogs. This person lets her dogs run and roam all over the neighborhood every single day. This is the fourth attack on one or more of our dogs. Poor little Lucy was so traumatized, she screamed for a long time. When I checked her, she seemed very sensitive in her abdominal area and went and hid on the back porch, constantly licking her abdomen which had some abrasions on it. Then she was limping on her right rear leg. I called the vet, and took her in immediately. The vet checked her, and could not find any wounds in her abdominal area, but she did have a puncture wound on her tail.

Then the next afternoon, hubby discovered a severe tear/rip wound on Clara's neck near her right shoulder blade. You could actually look in the wound and see muscle tissue. I freaked! So, I called another vet as the other place was closed, and the receptionist said to put Peroxide on it and keep it clean and get some antibiotics, so I did.

Well, two days later, the wound smelled like a dead animal. Very bad. So, I pulled away the damaged hair surrounding the wound, squirted Peroxide into it, and then put Bag Balm on it. I've been treating it at least four times a day. Hopefully it will heal soon. She can't reach it to lick it, but she has been scratching at it with her back leg. I'm sure it is very sore. I feel so badly for her.

I also reported the incident to the Dog Warden. The Assistant Dog Warden called the owner of the dogs and gave her another warning to not let her dogs run-at-large. Doesn't sink in I guess. She does what she wants to do. It is not the dog's fault because she has never taught her dogs their boundaries. She opens her door, and they go where ever they want to. They think the whole neighborhood is their yard and territory. Her dogs defecate and urinate everywhere in our yard. On numerous occasions, I have even observed them in our back yard, relieving themselves anywhere they can, and also coming from our woods, the neighbors yard, and also their woods.

Father-in-law is coming today with his girlfriend. I'm having our Easter dinner today as he was sick on Easter and could not come down. We will have a good visit.

Hubby and I planted some things in the garden yesterday before the rain came. I managed to get in the onion and he put in corn and potatoes. There was a prediction of frost for last night so I didn't put anything else out. I'll do that this week.

Well, folks, gotta go for now. Be safe and count your blessings. Just waking up in the morning is a good one!

Take care,
Becky :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home