Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sat. morning, May 23, 2009

Hi, Everyone!
Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. I surely appreciate it!

Yesterday at the Oberlin College Bookstore I met and talked with so many people and even sold books! I was so honored and blessed! Yeah!

Some of the women I talked with are having so much difficulty dealing with their abusers, the court system, trying desperately to move on and get their lives back but this can be so difficult at times. It seems as though so much is against them, but I try to encourage them to keep fighting for their rights. I even had the honor and pleasure to meet a gal who works with a shelter. Her work is to be commended.

It was a glorious day and a scenic drive up as I had to take a longer route to Oberlin. I heard on the radio after starting out there was a bad accident on the expressway, and then heard the expressway was closed, so I went a different way just in time to do so. I praised the Lord for this but also prayed for those injured in the accident. It took longer but it also gave me some time to think, reflect, and enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way.

When I got home, hubby had purchased the bucket of chicken and it was delicious as always.

I checked our Lab's neck wound after supper and put more Bag Balm on it. It is getting better, slowly.

This morning I'm going to finish another sign for the rummage sale, and then go and put up two more and some other errands. The pond filter needs cleaned and the plants in the garden need watered, then possibly mow the yard. Always something to do.

Lucy, our little Beagle and I, will be participating in the local Memorial Day parade. She will wear her Patriotic bandana, and I will be carrying the sign for the CCAPL. We have two women riding horses and they will be carrying our banner for us and lead the group in the parade.

Until next time, stay safe, and have a blessed Memorial Day weekend. Remember those who fought for our freedom!

Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home