Sunday, November 01, 2009

Sun. morning, Nov. 1, 2009

Greetings everyone,
Thanks for stopping by!

I saw a gal yesterday in a local drugstore who was in my WISH program a while back. She is doing well, although her ex-husband stopped making the house payments of the home they had, and it went for Sheriff's sale recently. What a jerk. Anyway this is another tactic abusers use to get back at the victim who has moved on in her life and away from her abuser. She is struggling to find a place to live with her kids, but with the determination she has, she will be okay. She is a survivor!

Also heard from a gal I met in Oberlin at a book signing. She finally got her divorce form her abuser. She received full custody of their daughter and wants to move from the area that caused her so much grief and pain...mentally and physically. Good for her. She is also trying to move on, but then again, her abuser is pulling all the stops to keep her under his control. She is a determined woman, and I know she will keep going and make it. It is a constant challenge for survivors to just try to keep their head above water, survive, and try to get a decent life for the themselves and the children involved.

I was out at the pond the other day and saw a tiny flash of orange and white. It was a baby fish! Didn't realize I had a baby fish in the pond! It was only about an inch long and very pretty. I'll be anxious in the spring to see if it survives the winter. I did observe the fish spawning about two months ago, so it must have been produced then. Very late in the season, but hey, I haven't seen any baby fish in a long time, so this is a good thing!

The leaves are almost down and I've used the riding mower to mulch them twice now. Probably one more time and that will do it.

Hubby and I went down in the field yesterday after the rain stopped and cut up more of the big Oak tree that fell during the hurricane last year. The trunk is huge! Father-in-law will be coming down today and he can help too helping me stack the wood in the woodshed after hubby cuts it up with the log splitter.

The Benefit Dinner/Silent Auction I've been working on, is almost complete. It is Nov. 7th. A crew of volunteers will be going to the hall on Friday to decorate, arrange tables, set up the silent auction items, and everything else that needs done. Right now I believe the number of people attending is around 100. So this is a really good response as there are many other functions going on around the area. When we planned this event, there wasn't anything else going on, now there are many. I guess that happens.

My author friend, Joyce Bishop Morris and I, are meeting on Thursday with two other writers for an InkPot writers group meeting at another restaurant in Kent. We are excited we may have recruited two more members!

Winter is just around the corner, and I am not looking forward to it! Although I love the snow falling and Christmas time, but not the short hours of daylight, ice, freezing rain, and general bad weather that comes with winter to drive in. I don't do well with the cold temperatures anymore either. Age thing I guess!

Lots to get done today before the wood-cutting excursion. At least it is going to be a better day, weather-wise to do this.

I'm going to drive down to WalMart this morning after the daylight appears and get some groceries and some other items and be back before the wood-cutting starts.

The dogs are all doing fine. They are still searching in the wild flower garden for the rabbit that took off out of it over two weeks ago! Keeps them busy and good exercise for them. Clara is still fetching her ball of course.

Take care, and be safe. Learn all you can about domestic violence and abuse so you will not be a victim!

Best regards,
Becky :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home