Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sun. morning, November 22, 2009

Hi, Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by and great to hear from some of you!
I've not had a chance to do my blog with so much going on.

Early Friday morning, around 1 a.m., I was awake and reading, I heard the most ear-piercing scream from one of the cats. I jumped out of bed but didn't know where the sound was coming from until she screamed again and it was then I realized the scream came from the office room where we also feed the cats and have their litter boxes. When I turned on the light, I saw Tooter lying in the litter box on her side. She was breathing really hard and couldn't move. Hubby had come running also. I stroked her head and talked to her and as we watched her take a couple more breaths, she died!

I don't know if she had a heart attack, or a stroke, but her death was so quick. She was a very good kitty and was especially fond of sitting on my lap while on the phone, watching T.V. or reading. She also loved to be brushed and combed. She was around 15 years old, and I guess it was just her time to go. She and Tigger were actually playing earlier in the evening and Tooter had curled up by my legs and was purring which was her routine each night when I went to bed. I will miss that. She had a good life here, and she was a rescue years ago. She was found in the middle of the road where obviously someone dumped her as a small kitten. We may get another kitten soon to keep Tigger company. She seems lonely and lost without her buddy.

Hubby put her in a box and then put her in the garage. I had to work a fund-raiser all day for the CCAPL and hubby had to work on Friday also. When he got home, he made her a nice wooden box to bury her in. Hubby dug the hole while I was working a fund-raiser again. We buried her yesterday out in the wildflower garden next to B-Bob and Sissy. Now they are all together again. We put her favorite sock toy, a ball, and a mouse she loved to play with in the wooden box with her. We will miss her.

Hard to believe Thanksgiving is almost here and then Christmas. Father-in-law brought the Butterball turkey down last Sunday. It will just be hubby, father-in-law and me on Thanksgiving, but I will prepare a feast just the same!

I received the highest compliment I could get the other day while at a fund-raiser. A gal that came to my WISH group sessions, is remarried and has a wonderful life now! She said I saved her life when she was with her abusive husband and ended up coming to my sessions. She looked so radiant, happy, and at peace. I was humbled.

Sometimes I never know if I help someone or make a difference or not. Her kind and encouraging words were wonderful to hear to lift my spirits that day!

Gotta go for now. Much to do today. Laundry, cleaning (yuck), and loading wood in the woodshed after hubby splits it all with the log splitter. Father-in-law will help too!

Take care, be safe, and be thankful.
Becky :)

We have so much to be thankful for!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home