Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thurs. February 11, 2010

Hi, folks,
Well, it has been quite an experience here the last six days. Our power went out at 6:55 p.m. last Friday and didn't come back on until Monday at 5 p.m. Needless to say hubby and I had fun melting snow for water on the gas grill, keeping warm with the kerosone heater in the livingroom/dining room area, and trying to keep warm. It did stay a balmy 62 degrees those four days, so we were lucky. Also, we purchased a large generator last summer,and it sure came in handy to charge the refrigerator and the freezer downstairs. After getting 16 inches of snow from Friday night to Saturday, I sure have a lot of beautiful pictures of it.

Callie-kitty is doing well now. Hubby is going to help me take out her stitches today, after he gets done plowing snow again that fell two days ago. He hasn't had school since last Friday. He is getting a lot of reading done.

I was almost having "Internet withdrawal" for those days, but I'm okay now! Sheesh.

Until next time,
Stay safe and warm. I think spring is around the corner, it is just a long block!
Becky :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home